You may have heard of Colloidal Silver Colloidal Silver before, but if you find it hard to pin down what it’s for and how to use it, you’re not alone. Its sheer versatility of use means it is a remedy that is hard to pigeonhole.
Colloidal Silver is a terrific natural antibiotic that treats bacterial and fungal infections of many kinds including colds, ringworm, athlete’s foot, infected sores, and eye infections. It consists of tiny suspended silver particles in a distilled or spring water solution, and is an effective, time-honoured, non-toxic remedy that can be safely used on people of all ages. And on animals, too.
You can drink it, gargle it, or dab or spray it directly on your skin, depending on your need. Always remember to shake the liquid up before using it so that the silver particles are evenly distributed.
Here are some of the best tips on how it can be used.
1. OPEN WOUNDS – pour some Colloidal Silver into a plastic squeeze bottle and squirt it on a newly grazed knee or elbow to clean out the dirt before the blood coagulates and traps it beneath. You’ll be glad to hear that it doesn’t sting. It’s a little known fact that Colloidal Silver was used as a first aid measure by soldiers in World War II to pour over wounds to clean the area and stave off infections.
2. EYE INFECTION/CONJUNCTIVITIS – soak a cotton wool ball in Colloidal Silver and hold it up against the affected eye while it is closed. Push gently so that the liquid seeps slowly into the eye, then dispose of the cotton wool. Don’t wipe across as this may spread infection across the eye. Soak a new cotton wool ball and repeat if needed. This process should also clean any crusted muck that has formed on the eye. Repeat 2-3 times throughout the day until it has cleared up.
3. FUNGAL INFECTIONS (ringworm, jock itch, athlete’s foot) – pour some Colloidal Silver into a spray bottle and spray on the affected area several times throughout the day.
4. COLDS – Colloidal Silver is particularly handy to drink when winter colds are doing the rounds. Take a tablespoon of Colloidal Silver 3 or 4 times throughout the day to strengthen immunity, or to help reduce the severity of a cold that had already taken hold.
5. SORE THROAT – gargle a little Colloidal Silver for about a minute, before swallowing it.
As always, please monitor symptoms closely and if they persist, please consult your healthcare practitioner.